A solution to provide complete transparency for tracking the chain of infection within the workplace and facilitate a safe return to work
Tenants at our Liverpool Business centre, RFIDiom, are a technology provider who is looking to ease and help companies with the gradual return to work with their Contact Tracing and Surge Response Deployment Kit.
What is a Chain of Infection?
A chain of infection and the tracking thereof describes the process and route of transmission of a pathogen from one host to another. The infected host is generally referred to as the donor and although this donor may not show any visible signs of infection, they can still pass on these infectious pathogens to another unknown recipient. Having a precise knowledge and full visibility and transparency about the chain of infection within your company enables you as an employer to take a targeted, measured approach to put in place processes so that you can both protect your employees and the overall business.
Why is this Important?
As lockdown restrictions are eased over the next few weeks and months more and more people will be returning to their jobs and workplaces. Your company may not have facilities or it may not be viable for your employees to work from home. In any case, as an employer you are still responsible for the health and wellbeing of your employees, for ensuring a smooth operation for employees returning to work and for running your company going forward in the future.
In this situation, it is most important that there is an effective method of tracking all contacts for a person infected with corona within a company, should this diagnosis occur, but you may now know...
- Who has been sitting near an infected person in the canteen?
- Who was in the meeting with the sick person last week?
- Who were their colleagues on the recent late shift?
What is already available on the market?
There are lots of smartphone-based apps (“Corona applications”) which may be sufficient for government purposes, but it in most cases these applications leave too many gaps in the employee contact history for a companies needs. Complications with these applications can occur when an employee does not have a smartphone, may have deactivated Bluetooth or may have justified fears about usage because they do not know what data could still be collected from the phone (for data protection).
What is their answer to the problem?
In order for your employees to work safely during these times, to take into account any employee concerns and to reduce any business damage in the event of an infection, HID Global has partnered with Prompt Health and RFIDiom Ltd to capture location and interaction of colleagues that may be exposed to infectious illnesses. Medical organizations are facing many challenges in controlling interaction. Healthcare professionals are inundated with extreme volumes of patients and tracing who has been in contact with an infected person becomes more challenging when timing is critical. This logistically weighs on clinicians and operations to effectively administer patient care.
Introducing the Contact Tracing and Surge
The Contact Tracing and Surge Response Deployment Kit includes HID Location Services platform and WorkflowRT software delivering real-time data insights and intelligence that can help minimize the exposure.
The Contact Tracing/Surge Response Deployment Kit includes HID Location Services platform and WorkflowRT software delivering real-time data insights and intelligence that can help minimize the exposure. Within hours, businesses can digitally account for staff and visitor through defined zones and geofences, providing full analytics around the movement of a person. More importantly, practitioners can trace potential interaction patterns and determine who may have been exposed.
Benefits for Employers
- You are certain that 100% of employee contacts will be tracked
- You can enable optimal contact tracing in situations where home office is not an option or when employees have to work on-site again
- Access to the contact details as soon as possible without delay to the health authorities
- The complete system (both the Hardware and the Software) is Plug and Play compatible and immediately available for use.
You can roll this solution out across a number of different sites in a very short time.
- Last but not least: You can track a possible infection chain seamlessly and therefore only inform the relevant employees or send them to quarantine - instead of closing a whole department, area or even a location due to a lack of information and transparency
Benefits for Employees and Workers
- Safely interact with other people within your workplace
- Safely determine any potential exposures you might have had to a Covid-19 infected colleagues at work
- Quickly react to any exposure(s) you might have had to infected colleagues and therefore minimize the spread of disease
- Identify any visitors who have been in proximity with a member of staff along with the contact duration and start/end times
- Finely detailed contract tracing using user-level reporting
- Lighter and smaller form factor than a smartphone
How the system works
- Fast set up using real-time location hardware and secure cloud software that allows the solution to be up and running within hours
- Monitor Visitors and Staff using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) enabled credentials, pre-provisioned to each person on site
- Creation of “Safe Zones” using geofencing and send instant alerts when people move outside of the designated areas
- Access to real-time analytics that includes location within defined zones, contact type and contact duration within seconds (including start & end times) for each site visitor
- Standalone connectivity using BLE over cellular network and mobile devices minimizes disruption of service. No additional infrastructure, hardware or network wiring makes field triage areas easy to deploy
Pricing Model for Rapid Deployment Kits
Base Package: Contact Tracing Rapid Deployment Kit: £7,899.99
- Workflow RT Software for Contact Tracing (3-month subscription inc)
- 100 Prompt Passes (location badges for staff and visitors)
- 10 Location Sensors
- 1 4G/Wi-Fi Gateway (includes data service with WorkflowRT subscription)
- Remote Assistance for Set-up and Ongoing Technical Support
Optional Products and Services ** One-Time Monthly
- Workflow RT Software for Contact Tracing (3-month subscription included) - One-Time £ 0.00, Monthly £ 399.00
- Additional Prompt Passes - One-Time £19.00, Monthly £0.99
- Additional Location Sensors - One-Time £52.99, Monthly £4.50
- Additional 4G/Wi-Fi Gateways (includes data service with WorkflowRT subscription)* - One-Time £562.99, Monthly £0.00
- Screens HDMI Device and Subscription - One-Time £100.00, Monthly £16.00
* Gateway model and price may change subject to availability
** Please note RFIDiom can also supply certified PPE on demand, please contact them for more information about items and availability on the details below.
Telephone: +44(0)151 548 1850