We Are Hiring - Maintenance Operative
We are looking to recruit a Maintenance Operative to join our team at Business First. We are a leading commercial property business offering premium office space across the North West.
You will assist with essential maintenance such as repairs, painting, gardening duties, etc. Some repairs and maintenance experience would be preferable, although training will be provided. You will have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and be willing to learn new skills. You work well within a team and can motivate yourself whilst working alone.
- Ensure that all common areas, including the main reception, meeting rooms, kitchen areas, toilets, car park, etc., are maintained to a high standard of repair
- Conduct yourself professionally and courteously
- Ensure personal appearance is professional
- Coordinate maintenance for the communal estate management duties alongside other team members.
- Liaise and supervise all contractors, including Business First employees, who attend the site to provide services to the communal areas. Where necessary and /or instructed to obtain competitive quotations for communal services and repairs.
- Ensure that the communal areas are presented to the highest standard. All communal areas should be inspected regularly to ensure that daily standards are maintained.
- It may be necessary for the maintenance operative to undertake certain services on an 'ad hoc' basis to supplement contractor agreements. (e.g. Cleaning, window cleaning and landscaping duties).
- Ensure the building is managed according to site health and safety policy and the tenant's handbook.
- To ensure that repairs and maintenance are carried out efficiently and effectively as directed by Business First management.
- Immediately report all health and safety matters to Business First-line management.
- Ensure that the removal of all waste is conducted efficiently and effectively. Daily checks are to be done to ensure the area is kept clean and tidy.
- Remove any waste generated from within demised areas and left in communal areas. In these circumstances, please advise Business First-line management so the waste management policy for the building can be clarified with the tenant.
- Follow the security measures and repair or report any damages immediately. Enforce security rules to the tenants.
- Log all communal repairs required in the ticket system and report all items that require remedying to Business First-line management.
- Any additional duties as instructed from time to time by Business First.
Hours of work
8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
8.30am – 4.00pm Friday
£20K per annum
To apply, please send your CV to Caroline at email@example.com.